Wednesday, August 31, 2011

So long, farewell...

Reflecting on our past two years here in Port Townsend we came up with some 'secrets' that we would like to share with our blog followers. These are things we have learned about ourselves, about each other and fun sayings that got us through the day. 

"Port Townsend helped me heal in more ways than one."

"I don’t know which smell of death is worse… mammals or inverts."

"Sometimes I think in tweets and facebook status updates."

"Is afraid of being forgotten."

"I thought I didn’t need any more friends before I came here. I couldn’t have been more wrong."

Sometimes you just need to take a break and go “collect some eel grass”

"Every once in a while you just need to go have a cry on the dock."

"This year has been completely different than last year."

"One of the funnest things about new friends is the things that rub off on each other."

"The act of killing encrusting tunicates and barnacles has become disturbingly satisfying for all of us."

"You know it’s been a long day when you start sassing the hydrophone."

"Port Townsend has made me realize I am stronger."



Our last attempt to leave our prints at PTMSC

Farewell Port Townsend, all the wonderful people, amazing animals, and beautiful scenery. We take with us a strong sense of community, lasting relationships and the strength that we have found within ourselves.

Thank you for all your comments and love Blogger family!

The Sanderlings
2009-2011 PTMSC Team

*Inspiration comes from Post Secret (http://www.postsecret.com/).

2 comments:

  1. You all are awesome! Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your blogs, FB posts, and tweets.

    Also, I think the worst smell I ever experienced at PTMSC was behind/under the cutting board in the ME kitchen... That was way worse than mammal or invert death!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing all your stories! I've enjoyed following your adventures for the last two years. Best of luck in your future endeavours!

    ReplyDelete

Want to leave us a comment? Just type in your message below; we'd love to hear from you!